Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Colt New Frontier 22/22mag convertable? Anyone know what the correct measurement on these two are? My gun was brand new and Im just wondering if I should have these two checked .When I shoot 22 mag theres a huge flame shooting out the sides from where Im guessing is the cyl/bore gap.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,807 Posts
Colt .22 revolvers of all types have a barrel-cylinder gap of a minimum of .003 to a max of .008.

The Forcing cone has a minimum forcing cone mouth of .238 and a max of .243.

Colt forcing cones are cut with a .160 taper per inch. This works out to about 9%.

NOTE: The actual taper of the cone is NOT critical, as long as it's not too steep or short. (Something I've never seen in a factory Colt).

The CRITICAL measurement on forcing cones is the outer mouth of the cone, and the only way to accurately measure is with a forcing cone gauge, available from Brownell's.

The .22 Magnum is deceptively HOT, and it's not unusual for flames to shoot out both sides of the cylinder.

[This message has been edited by dfariswheel (edited 01-01-2005).]

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Thanks Defariswheel,your my kind of guy!! Love all the spec stuff!OK so Ill try and borrow a feeler guage and see what the gap is and alos measure the cylinder bores at the front to see what it is and how consistant they are. I wont worry on the cone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts