Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My anaconda 4 in came with packmyers, and I bought what I thought were correct grips, but when compared with the grips on my 6 in they don`t look correct, on the back they say "vintage industries, made in us, colt v frame, they have the colt medialian, but also have colt in a banner, see the grip on the right, are they correct or aftermarket? thanks

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
vintage industries

[/ QUOTE ]

Didja buy these off the internet for cheap ?
I believe you just bought a set of Knock-offs.
Do they have a crappy fit ?
Are they a 2 piece design ?
Are they kinda hard to get the screw to go in ?
Hard to get both sides to lign up ?
Crappy Knock-offs.
I wish the guy selling them would say that in the description when selling them.
The description should read....
These grips are kinda like the factory grips Colt put on their guns exept for fit, finish and quality, they are the same as factory other than those items mentioned.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually they fit perfect, screw fits perfect, feel great in my hand,two pieces line up correctly, seems to be very well made, bought at gun show, untill I found the orginals did not know they were bogus, how did they get away with using the colt name and logo?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Look on the inside, where the grips would meet the trigger guard. Does the bogus grips look like they were carved and not smooth like the real Colt grips ?
They're bogus. You just got lucky and got a pair that ended up matching.
I bought a couple sets because they were $10.00 and made one decent pair out of the 2 sets. I tossed the 2nd set in the trash.
The dead give away about them being bogus is the fact that the horse on the silver logo is a Unicorn on the bogus grips medallions.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

Ha ha... made ya look.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Colt offered several very similar looking stocks on the Anaconda (and KC), as seen in their catalogs as well as on new guns. Here are the various V-frame stocks I've purchased as well as removed from my KCs and Anacondas:

The ones shown in your pic look correct.

·
Registered
715 Posts
A1A's correct about Hogues being available for Realtree Anacondas however I've never seen anything about them being offered on standard Anancondas; this is the first I've seen Colt/Hogues on a ss Anaconda.

Of course anything's possible but I suspect these are replacements and were not the gun originally.

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts