Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the Officer's Model revolvers. It's all I 'chase' with The pony on the side. I'm not even close to being 'well versed' on these fine shooting revolvers. I've bought a great Colt book and I'm gaining ground but was looking for a 'jump start' regarding the stocks.I have but one early (pre-WWII) Officers Model - 38 ... It has the wood stocks with the 'eye between the O & the L. We're these the only stocks offered on pre-war guns? I am not sure what the correct stocks are for the Officer's Special or Officer's Model Match revolvers which follow the Special.I'm going to gun shows and needing get up to speed with stocks.Thank you very much for any help on this. Bob

·
The Consummate Collector
7,524 Posts
I love the Officer's Model revolvers. It's all I 'chase' with The pony on the side. I'm not even close to being 'well versed' on these fine shooting revolvers. I've bought a great Colt book and I'm gaining ground but was looking for a 'jump start' regarding the stocks.I have but one early (pre-WWII) Officers Model - 38 ... It has the wood stocks with the 'eye between the O & the L. We're these the only stocks offered on pre-war guns? I am not sure what the correct stocks are for the Officer's Special or Officer's Model Match revolvers which follow the Special.I'm going to gun shows and needing get up to speed with stocks.Thank you very much for any help on this. Bob
First, Pictures would help. What is the serial number range of your revolver? Colt offered several different stocks for the pre war Officers Model Target depending on the time period.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sorry, I did not expain myself. I'm looking at various guns and was wondering if there were "stickies" here on the Forum or books or the like that I could learn from...or perhaps some pics of the factory stocks that I should look for...I'm just trying to learn what to look for in terms of stocks when looking over Officer's Colts.

It might be that I need to pick up some more books? If so, what books are recommended?

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts