Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at this Colt Government model, I was wondering if anyone could check their books for date of manufacture and give me some ball park idea of value. It does not have box or paperwork, but does have the standard two mags.
Serial number is CV23198. Seller is wanting $800.

Thanks to all

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
I didn't locate the build date but you can always call Colt for that. The photos make it difficult to assess the condition fully but if in good workable shape $800 is in the ball park. I've had no experience with Armslist but caution is always indicated!

Colt's: 800-962-COLT (2658) * Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm EST

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't locate the build date but you can always call Colt for that. The photos make it difficult to assess the condition fully but if in good workable shape $800 is in the ball park. I've had no experience with Armslist but caution is always indicated!

Colt's: 800-962-COLT (2658) * Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm EST
Colt put the build date at 2003. I understand the difficulty with the poor pictures, that's the best I could get. In email conversation I get the opinion he is not fully knowledgeable about the 1911 makeup. I will have to arrange a meeting so I can look at it, I will let you know if I get it.

Thanks Tony, & Kenhwind for the appraisal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.