Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wow, I passed on that gun this past Christmsd for $1200. Looks like I should've picked it up, that's happened several times lately.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
All it takes is for one person to want it! It looks like the last five bids were from the same 2 bidders, so from there it went until someone quit and then that is what it is worth to them. Ron

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Does any gun ever bring enough money, when you are the seller ? I've never had one bring too much.

John
I didn't say it was too much money, I simply said I am sure he is pleased with that figure. I would never say something cost too much if there were people willing to pay it. Too much for me, yes. Too much in general, no.

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
The gun brought less that I would have predicted. Low number, desirable barrel length, nice condition. Should have brought more in my opinion.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I wouldn't know. I've never sold one... When I see things like that it makes me want to buy more, because I already teeter on the brink of being priced out of some more pristine examples of pistols I shoot.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Isn't that one of the forum members guns? I am sure he is pleased with that price
Yes,yes and yes! Pleased but like a lot I'm surprised it didn't bring a little more. A later in the year listed may have fetched more. I bought this a few months back from coltfreakhouston and had all intentions on keeping it with it being the earliest DB I've ever seen but as most guys on here know I've got a small Boa addiction and can smell a set or two when the wind blows just right. The new owner got a great piece at a great price

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Back in the day when I was a homicide detective in the City of Plainfield, NJ. I traded a 2 1/2 inch DB like the one in this post, for a .12 ga shotgun. A S&W semi-auto for bird hunting. In those days you could buy a DB new for a couple hundred bucks.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
who knew that DB's would increase so much in value? I didn't. I bought mine from a friend over 25 years ago for around $250.00. it's a 22 and I still have it. don't know if i'll ever sell it. it's my only 22. Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts