Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked these up today and am very pleased. They are both "shooter grade" and the price reflected that.

Luger: 1917 Erfurt-All number matching minus Magazine (which has interesting markings and is period correct. Not really sure what that is on it in the pics. I wiped it off afterwards but it sure looks like a nose nugget), filed down front sight (with most lugers shooting high this baffles me) and a bad old dip on the finish. Shot 50 rounds out of it after cleaning it and lubing it up and it functioned flawlessly. Needs a new front sight as I had to hold about 6 inches low at 25 yards.

1903: No stories just someones old pocket auto. Not terrible condition, correct mag and another good shooter

·
Registered
503 Posts
I suspect the markings on Luger mag could be regimental markings.

·
Registered
503 Posts
chaosrob, found this explanation of the magazine stamp on luger gun boards. I imagine the mag is quite collectible. Dan

Landespolizei of Thüringen. The LPTh was a direct descendent of the former Imperial XIth Corps and probably adopted more military practices than their Prussian counterparts who were under more scrutiny by the IMKK.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys.

Quietman, since it is not original to my gun I may put it out there on the luger forums for a trade and perhaps someone can get a matching one for thier pistol. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
chaos, there is a sticky over at the luger forum where members post their non matching number mags. It's a long list but perhaps you could get lucky there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts