Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of 1911's that I am thinking of selling and would like to see if I can get some kind of value for them. One of them is a 1911 US Navy and the other is a Colt 1911a1 that is a British Lend Lease gun. I am not up to speed on the current values of them so any info or price ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
11,698 Posts
Can't tell for sure what the serial number is on your Model 1911, but it looks like No.140910, and if so is not a Navy. The last Model 1911 shipped with the Navy marked slide was serial number 110000.

·
Administrator
7,331 Posts
Did you check out Gunbroker.com as I suggested in my pm over on 1911forum ? .... The internet is a small world .

·
Registered
11,698 Posts
There was a question as to the serial number on the Model 1911 that wasn't answered. It makes a large difference in price.

·
Registered
879 Posts
To the OP......if your serial number starts with 140xxx that makes production date in 1917. Your slide is stamped with "US NAVY" and I believe that the last stamped "US NAVY" was in 1915. All "US NAVY'S" after 1915 were stamped "US ARMY" to save money. So basically your gun has value but it is not correct which greatly affects its value. As far as what its worth, I will have to defer to others on that.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It does start with 140 on the one with the navy slide. And I have checked gunbroker but can't find any completed auctions that have sold on the lend lease gun

·
Registered
128 Posts
The Lend-Lease weapon has been refinished, which cuts its normal value in half. With no insult intended, it is basically a shooter.

·
Registered
11,698 Posts
What do you see to indicate the Colt Lend-Lease has been refinished? Looks fine to me, except I can't see the barrel markings well enough to tell if that is the correct barrel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts