Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 127 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Frankly I can see i made a mistake by joining this board and I will move on and not post again. Its worthless to go on a rant as to why because you can't see the peer pressure being used to take ones freedoms.

Fortunately I found out I don't want to be here before I invested time and money.
Well, this is a Colt Forum, not a Covid Forum. You joined for the right reason. In many cases, holding our peace regarding matters of prudential judgment is the best path.

·
Banned
114 Posts
My wife works in a hospital, and they can't even give them away to the staff. Something like ~60% of the healthcare workers are not taking it.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer, but taking this vaccine doesn't seem to make sense for most people. The virus itself is very benign, and requires pre-existing conditions and co-morbidities to exploit in order to be deadly. The median age of death worldwide from COVID-19 is around ~80-82. The average mortality in the US is older then the average life expectancy, and has 2.9 co-morbidities.

mRNA is commercially brand new. Never been deployed before. We have ZERO data on potential medium to long term health effects. CDC's VAERS is showing high rates of adverse effects, as did the clinical trials. Younger people seem to suffer more from adverse effects then older people, but also are at a lot lower risk of COVID-19. I've also heard some interesting (and scary things) about high frequency of blood clotting markers being exhibited in young people (below 40) that get the vaccine.

If you are not in an at-risk group, it doesn't make sense to get it. Not with the potential unknowns and adverse side effects.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
I understand this is not related to Colt firearms.
Hopefully, political opinions will be kept out of here because this is an important issue with all of us and our families.

Im asking these questions because i know a lot of adults of all ages with various health conditions who received the Phizer vaccine without any side effects. Also, I know a lot of adults who will not receive the vaccine for their own personal reasons. I have an appointment to receive the first Phizer shot but im worried about immediate and future side effects; I am indecisive now.

Have you received your vaccine? If so, did you have side effects? Who manufactured your vaccine?
Do you trust it?
Do you believe there is a risk?

Please keep your political opinions to yourself so this thread is not locked. I think a lot of members here should consider the information provided in this thread. Please offer any other information that you think might be helpful.
I’m not taking any of the vaccines. Full stop.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I got the first Pfizer shot two weeks ago- sore arm 2nd day and felt bad on the third day did not exercise felt like I had a flue achy body not to good sleep etc. Nothing after that.

Will get the #2 shot next week.

Wife had no side effects at all- she is a tough bunny.. lol

If I was young and in good health I may not have taken the shot but old and kinda stove in I thought it best to take it.

We will see...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ive had the covid twice......wasnt shit.........Conspiracies' are one thing.....the timing of this whole thing just stinks............AND remember.....when it comes to the communists........only 31 people died from Chernobyl.............

·
Registered
10,668 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have had both Pfizer shots. I had a sore arm the day after the first shot. Nothing after the second shot. My wife had her first Pfizer shot last week. She had a very slight fever and felt tired for a couple of days.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
My wife is a school nurse. She got both Pfizer shots back in January-February with no problems...other than being a little annoyed with me asking if she was having side effects every 15-20 minutes. 😁
I had both Pfizer shots in March and just had a sore arm for about 24 hours with each.

·
Registered
360 Posts
my daughter a pe teacher at a elementary got 2 Moderna. 1st shot no biggie, 2nd shot she said she felt like she got the flu for 2 days. only reason she got the Vax, if any students in her class gets it, she doesn't have to quarantine and she can keep teaching.
Now the crazy thing....ive talked to 3 coworkers who's gotten over tje virus and they can't wait for the all clear to get the Vax.
I asked everyone else at work who got the vaccine and asked how long it was good for. They said at least 3 to 6 months. So the folks the recovered from the virus who probably now has antibody is looking to get the shot even though they are already immune for as long as the shot is good for. They can't explain it to me. jim

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Got first dose of Moderna last month, did it on a Friday. Felt like I was et by a coyote & crapped off a Cliff on Saturday. Spent Sunday recovering. Shoulder like hamburger for 3 days. Get to do it all over again in a couple of weeks. (Full disclosure: had COVID last October).

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Well I got the J and J once and done so I can go to gun shows without Mrs Radical and my daughter in law worrying about me......and so I can hug my grandsons.....I'm sure it is not the dumbest thing I have done.....too bad about the FNG leaving so soon he might have learned a thing or two from hanging out.....I'm sure he had much to offer.....

21 - 40 of 127 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.