Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if any company makes a grip like crimson trace for the Detective special.I just picked up another one 3rd model and would like to use this system.My thought is to help teach my wife to shoot,and also it would make a cool little package.Any experience or setups that you are using?I can't find these listed on their web site?Now I have two of these little guns and I must say I am hooked on what they can do and how they look.

·
Registered
400 Posts
The Crimson Trace website has a spot for future model requests. I've put in a request for the Colt Detective Special/ Cobra. It couldn't hurt if anyone else who was interested also put in similar requests. But to be fair, I just don't know if they're going to be willing to make stocks for a discontinued model.

Dave

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks that saves me some banging my head against the wall time.Why don't we compile a bunch of letters and forward them over to crimson trace?

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Understand that Crimson Trace is prevailed upon by owners of all guns not currently supported. Also consider that, while there is an "installed base" of D frames, they are not current production. As stated previously, I too would like to see them, but their business requirements likely would not justify it. Sorry to be negative, but I've seen their response to other requests. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I made my wishes for a D-Frame crimson trace known to the company. Of course NADA!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I hate to rain on a perfectly good parade, but....

CT is located not too far from me. The founder of the company and I know each other from the days when we belonged to the same motorcycle club, and their VP of Marketing (who just very recently left the company for a new job) is a friend of mine.

The VP and I had lunch not too long ago, and one of the subjects that came up was that of "D" frame LaserGrips. Short answer, from the horse's mouth: "ain't gonna happen."

Hey, don't shoot the messenger! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts