Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to meet as many AZ forum members as possible this weekend (12/14 and 12/15) at the "Cross Roads of the West" gunshow at the Pima Co. fairgrounds in Tucson. As you go through the main doors, turn left and look on your right for the white/blue COLT banner hanging from my table. And Oh Yeah, I'll be bringing a few of my ponys as well...

Games Table Scale model Recreation Metal
Product Metalworking hand tool Revolver Tool Antique tool
Metalworking hand tool Tool
Scale model Vehicle Patrol boat, river Watercraft Ship

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a good friend that lived in Tucson.....he found many good guns at this show.....are yours for sale or display......sure looks like some nice stuff...RR.
Both, I guess that any of my guns are for sale. A few might be "overpriced" though...

Reactions: ssgunnip

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wish had seen a nice Colt setup like that at PHX show last weekend!
I'd like to do that show someday but for now just sticking in my own back yard.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
That might be worth the drive. I sort of stopped going after the entry fees kept climbing and then they were charging $3 to park. Come on guys, you could land a C130 in that parking lot.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Post show report. I used to go to this every time, until about 2007 when I quit. I decided to try it again yesterday. About 50% of the tables were not gun related, or tables that had only 3-5 guns, but other items too. Coins, Jerky, the famous eyeglasses cleaner (he's STILL going to gun shows 7 years later?!), camo, jewelry. The only big tables as usual were black guns and polymer pistols. And it costs $11 to enter, and $3 to park (unless you park where you know it's free - I live up the street).

On Colts, besides the snakeman collection (nice talking to you!), there were few. One .22 Officer's Model that had a very suspicious feeling trigger return, it has been worked on and not very well. Asking too much. Same seller had a reblued Cobra or some other older snubnosed. Several reblued older Colts around. A clean, early Official Police .38 that seemed like a bargain at $485, until I found the engraved SSN on the bottom of the butt. I offered $400, and the owner (who didn't even walk over, just had his daughter play middleman) only came down to $450. I told them I would pass....they didn't care...they lost the sale. Before I bid, the same sellers wife looked up at me in kind of a bored way. I smiled and said "how's the show going for ya?!" She shot back, "how would I know, it's just started?" This was at Noon. A 50% or worse 1902 Military for way over a grand. A few beat, altered sight/grips M1911s. Basically, all junk or overpriced. Good luck if you go, you'll waste an hour searching.

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far a VERY disappointing show. Many empty tables and about 50% the "normal" attendance. I hope things pick up a bit today (Sunday)...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.