Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally introduced myself to crossbows. Anybody else here use them for sport or hunting?

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
My wife just bought me the new 410 Ghost to replace my 400. Didn't think there was much of a difference but wow! What a Weapon!

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I think I have fired (Launched? Shot?) exactly one bolt from a crossbow. Not my area of interest.

Incidentally, they are, or were, not legal for hunting in Tennessee.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
They are a mite 'lumpy' in CCW mode though...

I came across a fairly old one at a Gun Show one time, it was thought to be late 1800s, and German, and I believe that was correct.

It was very well made, had a nice style, was in good condition, and serviceable, and was priced at like $250.00 or so.

I thought about it, but, ended up walking on. ( Probably that was a very 'reasonable' price too ).

Seems like a Cross Bow could be fun and interesting to have.

I myself do not Hunt, so, no draw there ( pardon the pun ).

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
They were not legal here till a couple years or so ago. I use a compound bow but got a cross bow when they became legal. Still haven't got it out hunting yet. But last year I got it sighted in so this year i will take it out. If I am sneaking through the woods,I still prefer the compound bow because my crossbow is too heavy and bulky. But for on stand,Id rather use the crossbow because you don't have to pull the string back when a deer is coming(its already cocked). And even with the compound bow with 80% let off, if you have to hold it back for more than a minute,you have a tendency to let off a little which affects the shot. But the biggest advantage with the crossbow is that you don't have all that movement pulling the string back and getting your aim just right and doing so trying not to let the deer see you. They see movement REAL Well, so that can be an issue with the compound,especially if you're not sitting up in a treestand.The crossbows most all come with a scope. Its kinda like shooting a rifle with no recoil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts