Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am kind of a purist when it comes to grips for my Pythons. I grew up shooting with the factory wood grips and never cared much for the rubber ones when Colt made the switch. For me there is just something about a nice piece of wood when it is expertly crafted and finished that will never be matched by other materials. I would also say that for the most part the Gen 3 Python grips were pretty cheaply made and not really the most comfortable to shoot for extended periods of time. The price of Gen 1 & Gen 2 grips are just ridiculous, Gen 3 grip prices are getting out of hand also. I needed an alternative.

I wanted to find a grip that not only looked good, but felt good and I could actually use on a regular basis. My search lead me to John Culina at Culina Grips. What I found was a high quality hand made grip that expertly blended good looks with ergonomics. If any of you are looking for well fitted grips that just feel great in your hand and look fabulous on your gun, give Culina grips a try. I don't think you will regret it.

Culina LLC

Attachments

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they are sort of a modified roper style. I asked john a couple of years ago if he would make some colt grips. after he got his new cnc machine he made some up for me in circassian walnut.
Thank you. I think it was one of your previous posts that turned me on to these grips. I would like to see him make some that worked with a speed loader and maybe profiled a little more like the factory Python grips

·
Registered
645 Posts
FWIW: I've recently corresponded with John Culina regarding crafting some custom stocks for the Colt Diamondback revolver.

What He explained to me was,
should He receive 30+ requests for Colt Diamondback stocks, He'd actually consider crafting such stocks.

Anyone else want a pair of Kurac's (John Culina) beautiful, custom target stocks on their Colt Diamondback?
Send a request if so. Here's a link to his site
: Culina LLC

·
Registered
148 Posts
for those that want to know about the python grips in my post, they are of exhibiton plus grade. very little wood will grade to this level. these grips would probably run in the $250 and up range, I was asked what style would be best for the colt grips and said his s&w style adapted to colt would be what I liked best. as you can see, they are fantastic. if you are familiar with s&w coke style grips, these will be similar in feel. as stated in my posting, the are actually a modified roper.I don't have any pics of it ,but I tried one pair on an officers target and it felt and looked great. will get some pics, but we are having rain the next three days so it will be the weekend before I can take them. check out his website for more info. and yes, I am a fan of his grips and own about 12 at this time with more to come.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Bump!

Anyone interested in having John Culina craft Colt Diamonback custom grips?

With 30+ such requests, John stated that He'll craft those.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Update to this thread.
Here's My Culina Python grips, #H35 purchased from His site.

I'd still love to have some Colt Diamondback grips similar to the above.
John had previously stated that He'd craft Colt Diamondback grips if 30 people requested to order those.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,892 Posts
He does fantastic work on these grips. Even though cocobola grips are so dark the pretty grain is harder to see, that's what I wanted for my S&W and I love them. If you look close at the bottoms of them they match perfectly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.