Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up some Winchester 180gr jacketed hollow point in 40 s&w at wall mart. Its the plain stuff in a white and red box. What is your opinion of this ammo? Any opinion or thought will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you are going to use it for personal protection, put about 10-20 rds through your weapon to see how it ( the weapon ) is going to react before relying on it in a situation. Other than that, its fine, and the price is right too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive heard some reports that it doesn't expand. and over penetrates. but ive also read that its the same as their more expensive "ranger" hollow points. just over runs in a plain box. my firearm cycles it great. poi matches poa. ive just seen alt of mixed reviews. I think ill go buy a rack of spare ribs and throw a couple shirts and an old sweater around them in fire away?

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I've shot WWB for many years in various calibers. Shoots just fine for plinking and is as cheap as you will find for any quality Winchester ammo. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Well it's better than nothing !!! But really as everyone else has said, it's decent ammo. But as advised, see how it runs through your gun if you use it for carry. Also the brass will be good for reloading. As far as it not expanding and over penetrating. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be hit with it !!

·
Administrator
7,331 Posts
Put the front sight on the target . Shot placement .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts