Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have recently seen some late model SAAs with serial numbers close to S89000A. What is the highest you have seen from recent production?

The newest SAA I have was made in 2014 and has serial number S63193A. The highest serial number I have is S66265A which was made in 2012.

Anyone here have one above S88000A? Do you like it? How is the quality currently and over the past year or so?

The guns I have seen recently online with serial numbers around S87000A and higher seem to have gotten away from Turnbull case colors and look more like what I think of as traditional Colt case colors. There was a time in the last few years maybe around serial number S85000A when the case colors were an unmitigated disaster. Flat, gray, ugly, shockingly bad in fact. But it looks like they have gotten the case colors sorted out again. Prices seem a little crazy, but I guess that's life. What do people think about the current/recent guns?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
My latest from January 2015. S74000A. I like the colors. First picture. 2nd picture is a S67000A which had great colors. 3rd picture is S62000A which had outstanding bluing!!! Pete

·
Registered
17 Posts
SA889XXA Purchased NIB last month. First ever Colt. First Colt SAA I've seen on the shelf. First time I spent that much money on a firearm. Nothing but Uberti and Pietta before this. Nothing to compare it to quality-wise, but you can tell why it costs more than the above mentioned clones.

IMG_E4775.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
SA889XXA Purchased NIB last month. First ever Colt. First Colt SAA I've seen on the shelf. First time I spent that much money on a firearm. Nothing but Uberti and Pietta before this. Nothing to compare it to quality-wise, buy you can tell why it costs more than the above mentioned clones. View attachment 705345

View attachment 705344
Nothing in the gun world is better than owning a brand new Colt SAA!

Congratulations!

JM2CW

1 - 9 of 9 Posts