Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
Re: current value of 6\" .22 Diamondback?

welcome to the forum, my advise{free} keep the d/b and buy a 1911 too.since your dad gave it to you i guarentee{sic} you will later regret selling it. most local gun shops have a layaway program and will gladly sell you a gun on time payments. second reason: the d/b is no longer produced. never sell or trade something out of production for something currently available.good luck /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
810 Posts

Panther, welcome to the Forum....
ICdux, is right on the money. It will be harder to ever come across another 6inch 22 Diamondback than ANY "original" Colt 1911.
Yes, valuewise, they are pretty close to each other around here and the .22 just keeps going up (yes, so does the 1911 but..................

I've had MANY 1911s over the years ,NEVER got my hands on a .22, just missed one last weekend at the Berea ,Ohio gun show, walked in the door with some "old" guy for $850!! Went down the next aisle over from me and we never got to "see" it except when he was checking it in at the entrance and the other guy said it was a "Python" so I turned away...........doooohh............ /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Keep the "family" gun...................you'll be glad you did.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
that cash has to go into savings for a trip to Chicago next month to see the Rolling Stones. But then I'd not have the money to go to Chicago.

[/ QUOTE ]
well i would say your priorities are way off, but thats my opinion. a good rule of thumb never sell a gun to buy anything but another, better gun.well i gotta go now just found a 5$ gold piece, think i`ll go to hardee`s and get breakfast /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
6,813 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
a good rule of thumb never sell a gun to buy anything but another, better gun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sage advice.

The other rule is to never sell a Colt. I have to admit that I broke this rule once, but used the proceeds to buy more Colts.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

Sounds like your priorites don't come close to mine even when I was 21. I would keep the Diamondback. Postpone the 1911 purchase until you can afford one.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

Don't sell the DB, period.

Hang in there, go see the Stones and after that start saving up. In time you'll get there. But selling off a DB at this time is not the way to go. Sure the DB makes topdollar at this point, but if you ever kick yourself for selling the DB at a later date, you most likely will be paying a lot more for a DB then, then for a 1911 in -say- 6 months from now!

·
Registered
4,102 Posts

Please don't sell the Dback. 1911's are plentiful and still being produced. The 22 d-back REALLY hard to find and will only grow more valuable and is a family heirloom.

·
Registered
448 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I'll disagree with anyone til the end of the world about priorities concerning the Rolling Stones, because they are the greatest artists ever to record music AFAIC. However, I definitely am not selling the Diamondback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good move. You won't regret it.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely am not selling the Diamondback.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, hey i like the stones too,{rather see skynard though} but not that much... you made the right choice.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

That's the spirit!

You made the right choice in not selling the DB And going to the Stones. Like the DB-s, a visit to a Stones concert will sooner or later be very rare as those guys aren't in there twenties anymore! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Enjoy your DB and the concert!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts