Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
First post here, I've been searching and learning as much as possable before I buy a Colt. (long time S&W guy)
I am close to a deal on a blued Python described as "excellent" but now a "Custom Cobra has come up. Stainless, 6" barrel has Custom Cobra on left side of barrel and blued cyl. release and hammer.
I've not seen much info on this model in all the research I've done.
Any info on the Custom Cobra would be appreciated-the Cobra is described as new, never shot, the Python as shot, but excellent cond.
Thanks in advance,
Cam.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Buy the Python --- Ihaveshot one for years and have never found any other revolver with the same accuracy or as good a trigger pull. I haveuse the Python on the range and consistanty shoot high scores-100% for about 5 straight years of qualification.

------------------

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome to the forum cdub!

The best buy (IMHO) would be the Colt Custom Cobra. Pythons are everywhere, everyday. You can always find a Python. CCC on the other hand is uncommon. As in 500 each 4" and 500 6" bright stainless steel.

The CCC is really nothing more than a fancy (limited production) King Cobra based on the MKV action. I don't recall if it is a Lew Horton offering or Western Hogee, but it is one of them. It will no doubt take more abuse or punishment that a Python. But it comes up a tad short of the legendary Python in accuracy. Due to the low numbers produced the CCC will always command collector appeal. The Python will always be the "Cadillac of Handguns" and was produced in very large quantities.

If you want something different buy the CCC. If you want the best possible shooting iron, buy the Python.

[This message has been edited by WS23 (edited 04-29-2005).]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the Python, The blued on steel look of the CCC doesn't do much for me. Interesting piece though!

[This message has been edited by cdub (edited 04-29-2005).]

·
Registered
794 Posts
Do you mind if I help? You need to put [/IMG] at the end. You forgot the /

[This message has been edited by WS23 (edited 04-29-2005).]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks WS23!
We didn't get that far-I've got a Para-Ordnance LTC I was trying to trade, but now I've got a buyer for the .45 so the money'll go towards the Python.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts