Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been making after market S&W grips for a while, I just finished my first batch of Python grips. I kind of went at the first design half blind, where as with my S&W grips it has been more of an evolution. I will be making them mostly in higher grade unless you guys think there is a market for more affordable but plain looking grips. At any rate, here are some pictures, feedback is welcome.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Those are excellent as usual. I'd like to let everyone here who has not heard of Kurak elsewhere, his work is pure quality in the extreme. Even that little square piece of wood he puts between the target grips to keep them parallel when off the gun seem to match the wood of the grips. If we badger him enough maybe we'll have another great Colt single action one piece grip maker around here some day! These are the cocobolo grips I bought from him for my S&W Model 29-2 on the bottom here.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Those are beautiful Kurac! And thanks to Wyatt for the rest of the story. I'd love to see some for our Colt revolvers!!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Proud owner of 6 pair of Kurcac "grips" for S&W's, mostly the "N" frame versions.
Four are Utility/Using grade which fit my hand very well.

I can guarantee you will not be dissapointed in his products.

rayb

Per pm, I'll take #154
Thanks
rayb

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Kurac...Very nice stock work. What do you charge for them?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So for this first batch, I only made Signature grade, which are $135 plain and $165 with medallions. I had some originals (I think) but I am out so if customers want to be sure they get the right medallions, they will have to send in their own, I will be charging $15 to install them.

The exhibition grade will very in price, the ones I have pictured above sold for $189 except for #165 which a customer sent the wood in on, he said it is Queensland Red Oak, I guess you can only get it in Australia.

If I do make some service grade grips which will be of lesser wood and a simple finish, they will be $83

Here are some pictures of my Signature Grade Python grips. All of the walnut sets in this batch were Circassian except for one which was Bastogne Walnut.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice always been a fan of your S&W grips and your first batch of python grips are looking great. Will there be grips for other colt revolver models (diamond back, king cobra, anaconda) ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice always been a fan of your S&W grips and your first batch of python grips are looking great. Will there be grips for other colt revolver models (diamond back, king cobra, anaconda) ?
Just Python grips for now. If I do other Colt frame sizes I will do the ones with most demand first.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
How they look on a low end accumulator python

As received, after removing the substantial protective packing layers. Note shipping block.

Mounted

Other side

Feel & "point" nicely. Haven't shot with them mounted, yet.

rayb

Reactions: Wyatt Burp

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Beautiful work, I love that highly figured Walnut!:eek: Let me know when you decide to do some SAA one piece in the high grade Walnut!:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts