Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have several single action holsters and this is my favorite when go to my range out back.

Thanks for the info.
Is he reasonable on his prices?
I might want another for my Vaquero.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Mystery Solved!!! I have an identical holster and never could figure out who TR was. Mine also came with a Colt from a forum member. The only thing I dislike about it is the loop is for a 1" belt. I think I'll contact TR and have him make one for a wider belt.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mystery Solved!!! I have an identical holster and never could figure out who TR was. Mine also came with a Colt from a forum member. The only thing I dislike about it is the loop is for a 1" belt. I think I'll contact TR and have him make one for a wider belt.

It's a nice holster, isn't it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Thad has made holsters for me for 40+ years.Several saw hard duty in my military and LEO careers ALL are still serviceable and looking good. Obviously,I think a great deal of the man and his craftmanship. 459459's post above is correct.I speak to him occasionally but, I'm sworn to secrecy on a phone #,so I'm no help there. I will say that most professionals that have carried a gun for nearly a life time have a box full of holsters. I'm proud to have one with a lot of "TR's".
Try one, you'll like it after discussing your needs with him. Nick

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Sweet lookin holster / SAA , Aero !
Definitely remember his name equivalent to top quality.
I want to say he used to sell out of Dillon P.
195 is too rich for me though from Cal .

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thad Rybka in Alabama. Longtime maker who only corresponds by letter, no internet or I believe even telephone.
I bought this pancake holster in Alabama in 1980, you can barely make out the TR etched on the back.

Regards,
turnerriver
Well shoot I like that, wonder if he still offers those?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thad is retiring as soon as he finishes the orders he has in house. He is not taking any more orders. He shared this with John Gallagher a few months ago when they and their wives all got together due to Johns battle with cancer. My TR holsters are among my most prized firearm related possesions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts