Colt Forum banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wouldn't it be awesome to walk around the original tooling and test guns of colt history? Cozmos work bench makes me drool, I wish I could handle a small amount of what some of you all have handled. I cleaned my überti, awa, and colt today and there are differences for sure. Someday I will get a colt in 45 with a 7 1/2" barrel, until then I will enjoy what I have and this website!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Retail and MSRP might be $1899 but Colt probably sells them out the door for around $1200 or less. The rest is markup.

I will say I tried to get Standard to sell me a 45 ACP cylinder with my Standard 45 Colt SAA. No way Jose. They arent doing "custom" work. I think they learned a few things from USFA's special orders dont upset us attitude.

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
I’ve seen two latest production NIB SAA’s recently and both were of that same S87xxxA serial, so that 32-20 is a brand new production also. That is wonderfully odd that a 32–20 SAA has arisen. I bet she goes for more than ten cents over MSRP.. or even more !!! :) “That auction item will do well” was written inside my fortune cookie.

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Retail and MSRP might be $1899 but Colt probably sells them out the door for around $1200 or less. The rest is markup.

I will say I tried to get Standard to sell me a 45 ACP cylinder with my Standard 45 Colt SAA. No way Jose. They arent doing "custom" work. I think they learned a few things from USFA's special orders dont upset us attitude.

There is No way Jose that a Colt SAA cost a dealer $1200.00

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Hopalong said:
This is 32-20 interesting for a non-CCS model. They must have had some parts laying around.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/828465078
That is the 2nd new 32-20 I have seen this week. Strange as the CS recently refused to take an orders for new 32-20. Have to wonder just how dead 32-20 is at Colt? But then I wonder about all sorts of things when it comes to Colt.

The first one went for $2200. FWIW. The Dealer was doing some gouging on that one.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Cozmo....remember my thread i started like a few months ago about the new CS prices ? The gun i wanted to order was in 32-20 and i was told no problem with that build as its my FAV SAA cal ..who told you they would not build one , $3.450 for a base CCS 32-20 .

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Marco, must have been the money thing that stumped and got me all twisted up me. I thought you'd said they wouldn't build you that CS 32-20. My bad. Sorry. Obviously Colt is making 32-20 these days. They just aren't listed on the CS price sheet. My apologies for the (my) confusion! @ $3450 it is nice to see there is no additional charge for a non standard caliber in the 2019 Colt CS !

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Colts website only shows the “45LC” and .357 calibers listed as standard production as most know, since it’s been that way for some years now, with everybody asking Colt can they get a SAA in a particular desired caliber such as 44-40 or 32-20. I also thought everyone was getting turned away with no custom shop orders taken right now, (although they have the new 2019 price list custom shop price list out with the huge prices. ).

So two things..
if hypothetically someone was willing to sell the old truck and dog and put half down on a custom shop gun..would Colt take the order now?

Since Colt has obviously made some standard production SAA in a “non-standard “ caliber, wonder if it’s just a few in extra parts being used up or will it continue and even make some other calibers as well?

The second question is more for speculative answers but the first question we can probably get a definitive answer on.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Distributor pricing, not that they distribute many of them, is probably in the $1200 to $1400 range. You really think any dealers would go through the hassle of getting them on the shelves for less than a 30% markup? I remember when the wholesale price in the mid 80's was $500.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I’ve seen two latest production NIB SAA’s recently and both were of that same S87xxxA serial, so that 32-20 is a brand new production also. That is wonderfully odd that a 32–20 SAA has arisen. I bet she goes for more than ten cents over MSRP.. or even more !!! :) “That auction item will do well” was written inside my fortune cookie.
The last new Colt I picked up came in at a LGS in May 2017. The S/N was S75xxxA. Looks like Colt has stepped up production lately. That is nice to see.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The last new Colt I picked up came in at a LGS in May 2017. The S/N was S75xxxA. Looks like Colt has stepped up production lately. That is nice to see.
It appears they have. I bought one last month off the shelf at the LGS. I was surprised to see it there . Looked around a bit and I could have picked up a dozen or so from different dealers online. Far cry from 3-4 years ago when they seemed not exist any more.

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
I think there are at least a smattering of SAA’s coming off the line now too. Of course, Can’t always judge exactly how many via serial numbers because it’s not always entirely sequential. Colt May have a large block of numbers going to a Talo run or multiple runs of SAA’s that Talo will release. Colt custom shop requires some for their projects- who knows how many.. or how FEW that is though. But yeah, we know what we see and I’ve seen a few now in shops , where I have seen none in just recent years. Speculation here.. I think there will have to quench thirsts a little more with more stock in the stores before the prices settle back to at least no more than MSRP on average. A standard blue SAA has been $2K to $2.2K and I don’t need one, so I can walk away. Probably some looking that don’t have a SAA at all, and they will sell it.
Time will tell. I do hope Colt has found another gear for SAA production, as long as the quality of fit, finish, and function stay high.

·
Registered
378 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Am I missing something, Waxon? The first link appears to me to be $2500 at Birmingham pistol
The other link for Rays for $1800 is a “check for avalibility. .. which means very likely they don’t actually have it in stock ..cause they will sell like hot cakes at that price !!
The first one was just sort of a joke. Thats the highest Ive seen one marked up. The good going price for one these days in the the $1800's. Like I said I just bought one a few weeks back for $1810. The nickled one piece Standard I bought was $1890 and I did find a deal on a '92 built As new in box ( whatever that means ) with ivories for $2000 and then sold the ivory for $600 as I'm having more rams horn grips done for the latest two Colts.. So I'm basically gunned out until next bonus :).

The second one ...if you look over the call for availability banner it does say available. Meaning they probably have one. I only know of one dealer that has 4 or 5 and they are asking $1950 ish.

121 - 138 of 138 Posts