Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some years back I made a washer out of an appropriate thickness feeler gauge that fit over the crane barrel between the fixed washer on the crane and the front of the cylinder. This set back the cylinder eliminating barrel/cylinder drag and endshake. After many thousands of rounds fired the Python is again in need of adjustment. Does anyone know of a sourse of these 'Python washers'? I know Power Custom makes makes washers (they call them bearings) for S&W's but nothing for Colt. I know the proper way to do this repair is stretching the front of the cylinder but I don't have this task specific tool or a lathe. By the way, my Python has a 'transition' crane, a late style crane but with the early fixed washer on the crane barrel.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,900 Posts
The washer trick on the older style crane works, but it was never an "approved" fix.

So, there are no ready-made washers. You'll either have to have it fixed by an approved method, or have a washer made.

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Just to satisfy my curiosity, do you have a photo of the crane configuration in question? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't think there would be a 'ready made washer' available but I thought I would ask anyway. Thank you for the reply. A1A, I don't have a clue how to post a picture. My son will be home by the weekend, if he knows how, we will post a picture of the crane for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts