Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dferriswheel, you have done me a service. I was going to ask about Cylinder And Slide, whether they were any good or not on Colts. They seem to have national reputation and I was going to send my Lawman MkIII to them to correct a slight timing problem and just generally tune the revolver up. Thank you.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,696 Posts
For a Mark III gun you have three choices:

The Colt factory still works on these.
They are fast, usually the cheapest, and NO ONE knows more about it than they do.

Second is:
Pittsburgh Handgun Headquarters
1330 Center Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15229
(412) 766-6100

Pittsburgh used to be Colt's factory overflow service for warranty repairs.
They have parts for most of the older Colt revolvers.
They're fast, very competitive on price and do factory-level work.

Cylinder & Slide
245 E. 4th St
Fremont, NE 68026
http://www.cylinder-slide.com/

C&S is more for true custom work. For instance, if you had an original New Service you wanted fully restored, or a Python you wanted the absolute best custom tuned action possible, or you wanted a major alteration like a barrel cut, I'd recommend C&S over just about anybody.

They are absolute top world class pistolsmiths, BUT they're SLOW, and EXPENSIVE.

So, for your Lawman I'd recommend Colt first, Pittsburgh second, and C&S if they're close to you, or for some reason you don't mind paying a lot more and waiting a lot longer for the work.

Good luck, and please let us know who you choose, the quality of the work, and how well you're satisfied..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. I hadn't thought about the factory. The timing is not really too much of a problem (yet) but I still think it would be good idea to get it fixed before it becomes worse. Can the factory also put a radius on the trigger where it rubs on the finger? I don't know why they have to make the edges and corners so sharp! Can they also do an action job on it and just "tune it up" in general?

Again, thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Sending it to the factory is good advice. They do first rate work(after all, they did build it!)at a reasonable price, and their turn-a-round is much faster than most other shops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts