Colt Forum banner

Delete

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Kerz 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 · (Edited)
I saw old online auctions of two 4 3/4” blued SAAs with real jigged bone grips that he used in the show (one 1897 and the other 1910). This one though with his fancy personal appearance rig sure looks a Great Western. The grips look plastic on it And the gun looks new. Even in shots from the show his Colt looks blue worn.

#8 ·
In 1960 when I was working in Yosemite some of us went to a rodeo at the cow palace in San Francisco. Dale Robertson MC`ed it. One of the guys wife begged him for a autograph. He tried to ignore her but she persisted. I didn't see it as I was doing something else but they said he stepped on her foot and walked off. (Dont blame him).
We had a old busted down rodeo rider that was our cook that wanted me to drive him there. Understand that he was a old time rodeo champ himself. This was 1960 and I think he was in his late 60`s or early 70`s. His name was "Gib Douglas".

#9 ·
In the late 60's or early 70's, Dale Robertson got involved in an oil and gas deal in the Permian Basin of west Texas. My Dad was the geologist who developed the prospect. He flew into Midland to see what it was all about. He spent the day with Dad and the other two guys involved in selling part of the prospect. On the way back to the airport, Dad brought him by the house to meet Mom and us two boys. I remember him being very nice and friendly and VERY tall.
He only stayed for a few minutes before they had to leave. When Dad got home, Mom was a little miffed he hadn't called because she and the house "weren't ready for company."

#12 ·
For those who might not know, Wells Fargo has a dozen small museums around the country, usually connected to one of their larger locations or corporate offices. I used to pass by their Los Angeles location often when I was in that town for work, usually on my way from the hotel to Grand Central Market to get dinner. I think I've shared these before, but here are a few items of interest from that museum:

#14 ·
For a short while back in 1964/1965 I was a guard for Universal Movie studio, I knew a handful of actors. Most that I knew were western actors. I suppose that was because that`s what I mainly watched on tv.
Probably rubbed shoulders with a ton of others that didn't do westerns that I didn't know who they were. Most all the western actors were good guys.
My first day I was assigned on the movie "The Rare Breed". I met James Stewart and Maureen O`hara. I knew Brian Keith was suppose to be in it but hadn't seen him. I asked a stage hand about him. He said, I just seen you talking to him for the last ten minuets! I was passing time talking to him but hadn't recognized him as he had a red beard.
Later I seen him and we had a laugh over it. I had recently had broken up with a widow girl friend back in west Virginia who had a three year old son who by chance was named Brian Keith. (Keith his middle name). I mentioned the coincidence to Keith. I didn't ask nor hint anything but was really surprised the next day when he gave me a nice autographed picture of himself and the same dog that played in "Old Yeller" to send the boy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.