Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Damiondback .22lr 4\"

The 6" M17 may give you little more accuracy over the 4", due to the longer sight radius, although on some side by side comparisons of the two it's really hard to tell the difference. IMHO.
On the other hand before I would trade my Diamondack for an M17 I would want a couple hundred dollars before I would make the deal. Just my opinion.

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

·
Registered
794 Posts

I agree with Dick.

I don't know what "fair exchange it" means, but at any rate, I wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Damiondback .22lr 4\"

Please advice I have a DB .22 4" in the box a freind of mine wants to fair exchange it with his model 17-4 k-22 S&W 6" which is also new.Which one would shoot better 4" or 6" specially for hunting.

·
Registered
150 Posts

I agree with the two previous posts. You wouldn't trade a Colt that's no longer made and is both wildly popular with collectors and incredibly expensive to buy for a Smith that is still being produced (though the quality has suffered in the last few years) and was not as expensive to begin with. I'd keep the snake; sooner or later you'd be sorry you let it go, and then, whoops!- can't find another. Cliche, but so true: "been there, done that!".

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks guys I think I will hang on to the Colt then which to your suprise has a value of US$10000/- which is alot of money back home in India but even the Smiths are equally expensive here.But I did like the M17 in Blue finish it was looking great.I want a top of the line holster for the DB 4" please advice all in good grain leather and also where the finish is protected.For the while I am using Uncle Mikes Sidekick?Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts