Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sun was out so I got my lovely wife to get a picture of me and the hoss using some of the new Christmas presents. Just playing around. Hard to get me on a horse let alone go any where in cold weather when you'd actually need that much clothing.

But this aint "playing". Recent photo, taken just east of Missoula. I know Garret's place is very close. Hope folks like Garret44 and Rooster and their stock are doing OK. Winter is never short enough, but Spring is coming! Hoping the New Year is a good one for you guys and your families.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
We are from Long Island (NY) and moved upstate, so I've seen snow, lot of snow, and I've been cold. But Dad said that "when the oil furnace blew up I had no choice but to pack up and move to Florida."
Its been too cold to go to the range this weekend, we did go Christmas Eve.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
Sun was out so I got my lovely wife to get a picture of me and the hoss using some of the new Christmas presents. Just playing around. Hard to get me on a horse let alone go any where in cold weather when you'd actually need that much clothing.

But this aint "playing". Recent photo, taken just east of Missoula. I know Garret's place is very close. Hope folks like Garret44 and Rooster and their stock are doing OK. Winter is never short enough, but Spring is coming! Hoping the New Year is a good one for you guys and your families.

Hope the horses barn is nice and warm! Anything to get the cattle out of the cold other than windbreaks?

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
Be careful out there Ya, and Happy New Year. We didn't go riding any where today (except in the Kubota), but we took the grandkids out back to the pond, shoveled off the snow and let them skate in 15 degree weather. After a couple of hours, grandma and me gathered them up to go and warm our bones.

Ella, Pappa, Max Skating 12.31.2017.jpg

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Pointman said:
Too bad you didn't get a Winchester to hang on that saddle! Oh well, everything else looks great!!
That was the plan this morning but it was cold enough not to want to dick with it and the horses haven't been ridden in a few weeks. Just as likely to have had a good wreck this afternoon as a good picture! 3 scabbards ready to lash on though. Hard to decide between a '92, '86 or a '95. '92 is the easiest to get a leg over and most likely what I'll have next time up.

But this is a great picture of Bob Meldrum and a '95 carbine that likely needs duplicating. Except for the feet. Just looking at his make mine hurt.

nowinca said:
Hope the horses barn is nice and warm! Anything to get the cattle out of the cold other than windbreaks?

You can't get our horses in a barn with a big stick @ -25F. Below that and they'll use the barn if there is any wind. They have free range in and out of the barn 24/7. But a wind break, good feed and lots of fresh water are mandatory. Be interested to see what Garret and Rooster use for the cattle. Suspect it is the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts