Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any way to know the D of M of a colt diamondback serial# R57379 I know I can phone Colt but there not open on weekends.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Per proofhouse.com R13901 started in 1978 and per http://www.coltforum.com/forums/colt-revolvers/12138-da-dates-manufacture-thru-1985-a.html S01001 started in 1979. I would say 1978 in answer to your question.
I agree with "elliotf".. In 1978, the Diamondback numbers were from R13901 / NA. The Diamondback,Cobra,Agent and Detective Special all shared the same serial numbering system and in 1979, they started a new number series. Starting in 1979, all four models started with serial # S01001 thru # S27028...............I hope I explained this right...........

Tom

·
Registered
758 Posts
I suggest that all colt fanatics (which is all of us on this site) should purchase the "Blue Book Pocket Guide For Colt Dates Of Manufacture" by R.L. Wilson....This book fits in your back pocket and covers colts D.O.M. THRU THE 90'S. It is great at Gun Shows and your LGS. This book sells for under $20 and is well worth having. JMHO Here is one place to get one... Google the book & you may find it cheaper..

Blue Book Pocket Guide for Colt Dates of Manufacture By Wilson, R. L./ Allen, John B. (EDT) - Firearms Weapons - Books - Great Products for less on GrabCart.com!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Called Colt back and talked to a different guy on the phone and he said D of M 1979
Maybe you have three Colts and not just one....................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts