Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Your Python was made in great and wonderful year of................1983, so it should have had it's twentieth birthday by now.
Kidding aside, welcome and good luck with your new acquistion, I think you'll find it a great shooter. Dick
Ah St. Pete huh, you must have gotten it a the Pinellas show today, right?

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 08-30-2003).]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup! That's where I picked it up. What books or web links can I find that gives me this date info. I plan on buying more and want to be able to research myself. Thanks for the earlier info!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Not a lot of current books about Colts. There are tons of books about the 1911's. The most authoritive book on everything from SAA's to the modern guns is "The Colt Heritage" by R.L. Wilson published in 1979. He also put out a little blue handbook called COLT'S "Dates of Manufacture" by R.L. Wilson published in 1985. That one you can slip in your pocket to take to gunshows and it list most of the dates and serial numbers you may need to buy a particular gun. Both of these books are available at the gunshow you were at yesterday at one of those book tables.
Glad to see you around the Colt forum, because we need new people here with interest in Colt's. I live in Sebring and get to shows and shops and private collectors from left coast to right coast, so if I can ever be of any help locating something for you, let me know, my Email address is listed. Dick

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your hospitality and knowledge is greatly appreciated. Obviously from my user name I'm a big Sig-Sauer fan. I own several autos. I recently was led to revolvers by a friend. I had a c. 1976 6" nickel Python stolen a few years back and have missed it. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
COLT, call them!

It has been a couple years but the last time I needed one for a Diamondback they sent me one, no charge. Dick

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 09-01-2003).]

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 09-01-2003).]

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I'm just posting something here to keep this forum alive, and you other Colt fans need to help out or the this forum will die from lack of interest.

I know many of you stop by to see if there is anything new on here, but you need to get involved if we want this forum to survive. If you notice the owners don't even have a Moderator on here because the interest is so low it doesn't even pay to have one.

Now I know some of you may have some questions about Colts and you need to post them. It doesn't matter if they are not top notch, extremely provocative, sintilating, dynamic questions or topics, just post them and I am sure one of the more knowledgeable members here can help you. Remember, none of us are paid professionals here and we are all just Colt enthusiast that want to promote the buying/selling, shooting, reloading, collecting, fondling or whatever of Colts, so pitch in and let's bring this forum back alive again. My Rant! Dick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts