Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I get the serial number off my Diamondback, could someone give me an approximate mfg. date? Where do I find the serial number? Thanks in advance. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Open the cylinder and look at the frame under the yoke. Serial number should start with D,N,R,S etc. X out the last couple numbers. Give us that and we can tell you whrn it was made.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
It's a little paranoia / personal information protection. Like telling someone you were born in 19xx. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Schmaltz, also remember the "Anti's" are monitoring these forums from time to time and I certainly would not won't them to have a complete serial number list of every firearm I own. Also, someone could conceivably alter their firearm with your serial number, commit a crime and guess who they would come after if the gun was found?
It just makes sense to be safe and it cost you nothing and a gun can still be dated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Serial number on my Diamondback is D332xx. Any idea on mfg. date? Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool - thanks Wilson. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif That's the year my wife was born and the gun came from her father. She will think that's neat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts