Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just joined today and this is my first post.

I have been away from collecting Colts for many years and I have lost touch with the fine people who were very fair and trustworthy. Most are probably not with us anymore.

Can anyone give me some names to consider who deal mostly in vintage Colts like NIB first generation single actions?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, regards and stay safe, gkenny.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from mid-Michigan! Collectors Firearms are certainly an option although I find them significantly higher in cost. Cabelas gun library online is also an option. They are expensive as well but occasionally I have found a good deal. Finally, the Forum members sell their guns here and that’s the best option.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from (northern) South Texas!
Collectors Firearms in Houston does have some really nice guns and they are really proud of them, too. They do have a 20% (I think) off sale once a year and that makes keeping them on the list a good idea.
Many of the members here have some incredible guns they put up for sale.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I am a collector as well as a dealer. Tom Kirkpatrick who is a dealer and often here too is also highly recommended. First generation SAAs is one of my personal interests and I know them, especially military, quite well. However, a NIB first generation SAA (original and not restored) is rarer than hen’s teeth. If you wanted to buy some like that, you should have been at the Colt Collectors Association meeting/show we had two weeks ago with a suitcase of cash. If you have any like that to sell call me ASAP at 410-949-0800. 🤠 I am in Virginia. Tom is in Arizona, but the internet and online buying/selling make it a national market these days.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am overwhelmed with the response received here! Thank you so much for such timely and helpful information, I never expected it!
I will go through each response and reply individually.
Thank you again, regards, gkenny.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the Forum from mid-Michigan! Collectors Firearms are certainly an option although I find them significantly higher in cost. Cabelas gun library online is also an option. They are expensive as well but occasionally I have found a good deal. Finally, the Forum members sell their guns here and that’s the best option.
Thank you sublimert70, nice to know that there are members here who are also dealers! Regards, gkenny.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to the Forum from (northern) South Texas!
Collectors Firearms in Houston does have some really nice guns and they are really proud of them, too. They do have a 20% (I think) off sale once a year and that makes keeping them on the list a good idea.
Many of the members here have some incredible guns they put up for sale.
Thanks MarklnTx, it's becoming clear that I have just joined the perfect forum! Regards, gkenny.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am a collector as well as a dealer. Tom Kirkpatrick who is a dealer and often here too is also highly recommended. First generation SAAs is one of my personal interests and I know them, especially military, quite well. However, a NIB first generation SAA (original and not restored) is rarer than hen’s teeth. If you wanted to buy some like that, you should have been at the Colt Collectors Association meeting/show we had two weeks ago with a suitcase of cash. If you have any like that to sell call me ASAP at 410-949-0800. 🤠 I am in Virginia. Tom is in Arizona, but the internet and online buying/selling make it a national market these days.
Thank you WinstonWolf for your very helpful information! At one time I, many years ago, was a member of CCA, a great organization with many fond memories of members met. Regards, gkenny.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Collector's Firearms certainly places large prices on their items compared to their condition (at least on the website). Not necessarily my first choice these days.

That said, I did business with them years ago on a DB and the experience was pleasant.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Collector's Firearms certainly places large prices on their items compared to their condition (at least on the website). Not necessarily my first choice these days.

That said, I did business with them years ago on a DB and the experience was pleasant.
Thank you weagle99, they are on my list. Regards, gkenny.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts