Colt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
6,982 Posts
Yes , thank you ! Our alert members spotted this scam attempt in our classifieds !

Anyone know the actual GB seller 38husker listing the Lawman MKIII ? Wonder if he's aware that his photos are being used in scam attempts ? Maybe someone with a GB acct will send him an alert message .
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/823375029

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I sent the Seller a PM when the listing first appeared and after receiving several pics of the pistol and box, it was very apparent to me that the listing was a scam. Being the good forum brother that he is, Marko65 sent me a PM to be careful since another forum member had been ripped off for $750 responding to a similar WTS ad a few months ago. I followed up with an email to the Seller to let him know he was posting a scam listing and that many others were also "onto him". Have also responded to the forums Administrator who will followup with appropriate action(s). This forum is one big close knit family that's always looking out for one another and I'm grateful to be part of it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Are you folks saying that 38husker’s ad for the Lawman is fraudulent? If so, what tipped you off? Oops, I believe I’ve figured it out.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Are you folks saying that 38husker’s ad for the Lawman is fraudulent? If so, what tipped you off? Oops, I believe I’ve figured it out.
Seems like the one on GB is legit, the one in the forum classifieds is not. Have had this happening to me as well, somebody ripped the pictures off of my GB auction and reposted them om Guns America.

·
Administrator
6,982 Posts
As Olle says , 38husker's ad is fine . The problem was here with the scammer "romulus" .

We've also had photos and descriptions from our store auctions stolen and then reposted in new auction listings .

·
Registered
631 Posts
I’m going to assume most of these pecker-heads are operating out of a foreign country, because trying to scam a bunch of card carrying “gun-nuts” that may or may not have the gumption and resources to track your a$$ down is just not a good idea...

·
Administrator
6,982 Posts
I always check street addresses on google earth before sending money and don't send to PO boxes. This way I know where to go to start asking questions if things don't work out.
Asking for additional "fresh" photos wouldn't hurt either .

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
I think I was one of the first to see the ad. I know no posts and I was the first “like”. I thought, this is a smoking deal, but it’s probably too good to be true. I also thought about inquiring about additional photos but thought it’s simply not worth my time and possible headache. This would have never been a prized colt to me, I just don’t care much for the Colt “J” frames.

Im on par with Voy, I’d strongly consider hopping a plane. If someone got me out of thousands, it wouldn’t be a question of if but when I would make it to that neck of the woods,,, without a gun, of course.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts