Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...but I'm used to 6 o'clock.
I've had some conversations with a Colt tech regarding a shorter front sight; they are willing to install it, but I know Colt's rep for slow turnaround.
I even called Novak regarding a taller rear sight; they felt the option they had would have been too tall. It had seemed to me that the rear would be an easier change.
I believe Colt is willing to sell me a shorter front sight; question being, how hard is it to drift out the front?
I've brass drifts and a good work surface, but I don't want to bugger up the gun.
Any advice from the group?
Thanks,
Moon

·
Registered
99 Posts
Have you tried different loads? Different loads can give you a different point of impact.
What distance are you shooting? That will also change with different distances.
I would assume any competent gunsmith could easily swap out a front sight.
I would research for a good gunsmith in your area if you really want it changed.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mario, not bad suggestions; but for a gun-intensive part of the world, we have a dearth of good 'smiths.
I'm a reasonably competent home gun-hacker, but I've been told that Colt presses in their front sights and removing them can be tricky.
I'm talking about 50'/21' on our range, and I would prefer not to cover the target with the sights. The little bugger has a good trigger and great sights.
I suppose I could try a slower-moving loading to make it strike higher on the target, but I've got a couple standardized 9mm loads and don't really want to fool with something special for just one gun.
Any idea on how hard that sight is to get out?
Moon

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
My 2002 Defender also uses a 6 oclock hold at 25 yards. It makes small groups for a 3 inch barrel and sight radius. And your solution to this is a new sight? You know for this I guess I can't be of any help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.