Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Delta Elite 10mm......stainless

I have not followed these models over the years and have never seen a Delta Elite Government model in 10mmm and the finish being stainless steel. Also has walnut checkered grips with the 'Delta' symbol. Again , all ther ones I have ever come across were in blue and had the "wrap around" black rubber grips and the 'Delta' logo..
Any further info would be helpful....................

·
Registered
552 Posts
Re: Delta Elite 10mm......stainless

Stainless Steel Delta's are not all that unusual. However, I have never found a factory one with am ambi thumb safety like that! I am suspicious that that one you found has been tinkered with. Probably changed the grips out too.

All those modifications would not stop be from buying it (assuming you have not already). Fine weapon.

To be honest, I hate all rubber grips. When I got my Delta, with the rubber grips I was ready to sell it because I could not hit the broad side of a barn. Got rid of the rubber grips and now I am extremely accurate with it.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for the 'feedback'. That's kind of what I was thinking too. Today the original owner told me that he got it new with the safety as is but had a Brown (ED) bushing installed , with the guide rod and had an "extra" 40 cal barrel fitted, so got those also.
Here's the bushing set up. Again ,I'm not 'familiar' with this type, He said it's an awesome shooter but needed the money, that's why he sold it. Wanted to 'move it' before he got many rounds through it and became "too used"..........

·
Registered
2,350 Posts

Dan,
Ditto the ambi saftey as aftermarket. I have a blue version of the Delta Elite that is identical to your ss version except for the safety and the grips. Even my blue Delta Gold Cup has the "Goodyear" grips. Yours is the first I've seen with the wood grips and the delta medallions, but there was a batch of these medallions sold "loose' on several of the auction sites a few years ago, so I'm sure some of them were probably used to redecorate a few sets of checkered wood grips. I thumbed through some of my old Colt catalogs and they show the Delta series guns with rubber grips in their photographs. The Custom Shop has had a few non production versions of wood grips for various 1911 models, and these may have been one of them, but if so, they are new to me. I wish Colt had used the wood/delta medallion combo, as the wood definitely looks better than the Goodyears. I may have an extra set of the original factory Delta Goodyear grips...If so, you want to swap?... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

·
Registered
2,350 Posts

Just wanted to add that I remembered there is at least one of the Delta series that came with wood grips. I have one of the Elite 10/40 custom shop guns that has smooth walnut grips, but with the serpentine "Colt" logo medallions instead of the red delta. This was a two tone version that came with two barrels fitted..one for 10mm and one for 40 S&W.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts