Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the deal with the .22 Derringers? Don't know much about them but they appear to be pretty cheap. 125-175. A lot of them out there? History please.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I have a Colt "Lord" Model derringer. It's chambered for the .22 Short. It was given to me by my brother-in-law who obrained it in a big box of shooting/handloading items. It was in it's wood case and had been fired. I fired it some more. The extractor won't work. The barrel appears to be some sort of plated pot metal with a liner within it and a blue finish. That's all I know about them.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have the Lord/Lady cased set. I was able to obtain them pretty cheap @ auction, top book value not very high. But cute little pieces that fit well in the collection.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
My memory was they were made in the early 1960's. Checked the Blue Book and it shows manufacture between 1959-1963 with 112,000 made. (NOT RARE) Then, the book lists some that were made in the early 1970's (70-73). Learned something if the BB is correct. I have one set; Lord and Lady. My favorite is a copy of the No. 3 that is in lucite. I have it on my desk and look at it all the time. Good conversation piece and a bit of a collector's item in its own right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts