Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much toil and sweat, I am able to show a picture of my new Det. Spec.
The problem I had was, between my camera and software the resolution is too high for the host to accept, so I had to scan picture and upload the scanned picture in order to get the resolution and file size down low enough to show pictures. SHEEEEEZ!

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR
SIDEARM HANDY!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Do love the DS.

------------------
I'm so worried about what's hapenin' today, in the middle east, you know.
And I'm worried about the baggage retrieval system they've got at Heathrow.
I'm so worried about the fashions today, I don't think they're good for your feet.
And I'm so worried about the shows on TV that sometimes they want to repeat.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jar

Thanks for the picture. You can see how much nicer yours came out, and I should not have to kill resolution in order to be able to post.

What picture host provider do you use?

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR
SIDEARM HANDY!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Well, Mr. D68, the votes are in and points tallied and it's a tie! There's you and another gentlemen that was kind enough to post a picture of his nickel DS with a vintage Myers (?) holster not too long ago. They both are beautiful guns, aren't they? The only way to break the tie is for you both to send your guns to me for closer scrutiny. This process will only take about six years or so and, upon completion, the winner gets lunch at a truck stop in Dodge City and a mimeographed certificate, suitable for leaving in a drawer in your garage. I really do appreciate the time and effort you gents take to post pictures of your fine firearms. I don't know why guys like us enjoy them so much, really, but I SURE DO! Thanks, again and GOOD SCORE, Pal!

·
Registered
25 Posts
wow nickle plated.i knew the finish looked nice and shinney.the vintage of that old ds is before SS guns right?absolutly beutiful.i have a newer model like the 2nd pic.i really like the looks of the shinny (shroudless)barel!

·
Registered
162 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by diamonback68:

jar

Thanks for the picture. You can see how much nicer yours came out, and I should not have to kill resolution in order to be able to post.

What picture host provider do you use?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rather be lucky than good anyday.

I use fototime for hosting. It's not free but the cost is reasonable. The software that they provide is great for managing pictures. In addition, they automatically scale the image and offer you three predone links, a thumbnail...

one that is scaled to display properly on web pages...

and a link to the original size.

------------------
I'm so worried about the fashions today, I don't think they're good for your feet.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The more I fondle, the more I like this little nickel DS.
She doesn't have scratch and only a slight turn line. I picked it up last week (at the urging of this forum)from a pawnshop for the bargain price of $325, which I was very pleased with. As I posted elsewhere, it's a second issue dated to 1967, love it.

With the help of my son, I think I've figured a way to solve the too high a resolution problem and I'll try posting some others, the new improved way.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR
SIDEARM HANDY!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is my new and improved picture posting.

How did I do?

·
Registered
162 Posts
DB, you done good.

And BB, taint all tha shabby either.

------------------

·
Registered
794 Posts
DB: "I picked it up last week (at the urging of this forum)"

We are not responsible for your weakness Dick. You did this all on your own. You were just looking for consensus. Oh sure, some of us may have cheered you on a bit, but that's all.

We're all innocent here, except you!
And we now have the pictures to prove it.

(BTW, nice score)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Jar, is anybody selling those grips these days? Nice looking.

I'm also thinking of adding a Tyler's T-Grip to one of my D Specials. Anybody use one? I am curious as to whether they fit the frame, meaning same width as the frame. I'm sure they will fit the curve, but on my N-frame S& W the T-grip is wider than the metal and that doesn't look so good where it goes between the wood and the trigger guard. Maybe I should have called and complained, but I'm such a nice guy, at least to sweet woman's voices on the phone.

Bart Noir

·
Registered
162 Posts
They are from Sile and I bought them not too long ago from CDNN.

------------------

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WS23
"My name is Dick and I am a Coltaholic", I blame no one else for my addition.

Bullet Bob
Now you've gone and done it, now I have to have blue one too. You just saw my addiction admission above and you had to put that in front of me anyway, didn't you?
BTW, I love the lighting effect on your stocks, I gotta work on that. Love your gun.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR
SIDEARM HANDY!

·
Registered
64 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bart Noir:
Jar, is anybody selling those grips these days? Nice looking.

I'm also thinking of adding a Tyler's T-Grip to one of my D Specials. Anybody use one? I am curious as to whether they fit the frame, meaning same width as the frame. I'm sure they will fit the curve, but on my N-frame S& W the T-grip is wider than the metal and that doesn't look so good where it goes between the wood and the trigger guard. Maybe I should have called and complained, but I'm such a nice guy, at least to sweet woman's voices on the phone.

Bart Noir
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a T-grip on my DS...I really like it. Makes it much more comfortable to shoot. The T-grip is wider than the frame, but in my opinion fits quite nicely on the grip area.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts