Colt Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
DSC_1434.jpg

While one of my carry guns is a 637 S&W which I don't shoot often, I do carry it with +P ammunition. My choice is Speer 135 grain Gold Dot +P "short barrel" which is optimized for barrels as short as 1.9". It is a bit hard to find but occasionally you can find it in 50 round boxes which is made for law enforcement. Usually only 20 rd boxes can be found. It is superbly accurate in my S&W. When I use my 66 2.5" I use a .357 magnum 135 grain +P version of the same ammo in it. I don't find either to be a problem in recoil in either pistol.

https://www.speer-ammo.com/products/ammunition/gold-dot/gold-dot-short-barrel-personal-protection/23921gd

·
Registered
53 Posts
:) :) As other people say above in the discussion, this is a neat Colt handgun ,and in prety good shape, nice indeed!!!!,as they dont make them any more,you must keep it in "good shape", for this reason I recommend stick to not +P ammo, but if you realy need to carry this piece for self defense purposes, if you feel comfortable with; and you can master the gun properly, this gun can stand an occasional "diet" of +P factory ammo for carry, I had shot some Super-Vel 110gr factory ammo during the 80´ in a Detective Special 2", they were a powerhouse out of this little gun, I know that Super-Vel is again "in bussines" offering a 90gr +P round for .38 Special snubbies, you might try this and see how they perform!!!..:):)
Regards to you all
RR

21 - 22 of 22 Posts