Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone uses the Hogue rubber grips on their Detective Special. The factory pachmayers are just too slippery.

I'd much rather have wood, but money's an object and factory wood is just too darn expensive.

If you use them, how do you like them? Too big for pocket carry?

Thanks!

Reactions: BC in TN

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
I don't have the Hogue grips, but you might try Badger Grips for a set of wood. I don't think his are any more expensive than a set of Hogues. What year is your D/S ? Does it have the short frame?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had Badgers before and they are fantastic. Ended up getting rid of them only because they were too darn nice and I didn't want to bugger them up! :eek:

Mines from 1994.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've owned several pairs of Hogue rubber grips on my Ruger revolvers and always found them very comfortable to shoot, but i think the factory pacmyer's look better on my DS WTS I love wood grips the Badger grips are very nice (have them on my SP) but I prefer the grip angle of the Hogue wood grips and just installed a pair on my GP 100

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree that the pachs look better, but the hogues don't look too bad either.

I use them on my Sp101 as well.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, got the Hogues and they were a breeze to install. I've installed them on other revolvers and all told, took about 5 minutes. No problem taking the grip locator pin out. A few taps with a brass hammer is all.

I'm surprised at just how well they feel. I've actually never been a real big fan of Hogues. Even though I've used them on other guns, they've always been taken back off and relegated to the bottomless pit of parts and pieces or sold off. The only other one I've like is that for the SP101.

I like how it changes the grip angle ever so slightly - in my favor. And just enough tackiness, but not too much. Think these will stay on until I run into a pair of wood for a good price one day.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts