Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good afternoon , has everyone recovered from thanksgiving and yes we all still like the taste of turket too,
well i have just notice that one one my four snub nose D frames has a smaller than normal trigger ( the curved part your finger fits into ) anyone else have a novelity trigger ??
rj

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,888 Posts
Sounds like a modified trigger.
Colt's DS trigger shape never changed much at all over the years.

The only differences were changes from checkered, to grooved, to smooth.

I'd guess this is one somebody altered.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no not altered, the trigger is physically smaller in the area your trigger finger lies , this revolver also has a hammer shroud and back strap stamped PA #### . possible Port Authority

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Had a chance to measure the trigger length on the only 3 D frames I own; 1932 Detective Special .38 spec,1954 Courier .32,and 1971 .22 Cobra. All miked out at .952 from tip of trigger to where it enters the frame. Could be "custom",but these triggers are "small" to begin with;maybe for a small handed female LEO? Bud

·
Registered
666 Posts
I also had a 2nd DS with a small trigger.
Didnt like it at all.
Look on Gunbroker.com auctions and there you might find some DS's with both small and larger triggers.
They are apparent when side by side.
Actualy, the "small" trigger had a larger curve on the forward end making it harder to set your finger

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flusher you are correct , my colt ds came with the holes drilled for a factory hammer shroud and the triiger always felt funny , but i believe it would aid firing from a pocket , nice to know i am the only one to come across one of these odd balls , happy holidays rj

1 - 6 of 6 Posts