Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i just picked up a ds 2 with a 3 inch barrel.
can some one tell me how many years in the late 90s did they
make it and are the three inch barrels more rear then the snub.
i tryed looking at old posts but didnt find much.
thanks for any thing you can tell me about it.
looks just like the magnum carry.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
The DS-II was made in 1997-98. The 3" (and some 4") were not a regular production item. Supposedly there was a special order contract that fell through making them available for retail sales. Supposedly, again, there were somewhere between 200 and 400 made, depending on who you listen to. There are some previous posts, but not much actual info. Definitely fewer 4" made and both considerably less than the cataloged 2". Good find. Strangely, I have seen more 3" DS-IIs on auction than 2" over the last couple of years. Anyway, here's mine with SF-VI stocks which have subsequently been replaced with a correct set. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have a 4" DS-II but as A1A points out, I apparently have the wrong stocks.

A1A, can you describe the correct stocks for a DS-II? I'm thinking they're not actually made by Pachmayr and are un-medallioned with the serpentine "Colt" in a banner molded near the pinky relief. As you can see, mine are Colt/Pachmayrs "Compac" with gold medallions.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
You are correct. They are like the SF-VI stocks in my first pic but without the medallion. As I mentioned, mine came without correct stocks so I used the SF-VIs (which I like) until I could find a correct set on one of the gun auctions. It is the only set I have ever seen. Yours are stocks used on 4th issue (always have to apologize to the Judge) DSs and PPS MkVs with both silver and gold medallions. Actually, the correct stocks are uncomfortable to me because they are more flat between the trigger guard and grip frame and do not keep my middle finger from bumping the trigger guard. Here is a combo picture with the correct stocks. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the reply guys.from what you said about the stocks i have the correct ones.
and it seems to be in like new maybe not fired, but it came with out box i think colt might still have them.
i found it at the lake land fl show to day.
the dealer had a magnum carry to that he wanted 800 for and
he would not go down and i didnt want to pay that much for it .
but he said i could have the ds two for 495 so i got in my hand and didnt let go of it he seemed to think that the magnum carry was worth alot more then the ds2.
i went to show with two buddys we each got two guns and went to hooters after was a good day thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts