Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a last generation Detective Special that has been in the safe for 30 years, has shrouded ejector rod, 20 rounds through it, no scratches or wear, very tight gun, butter smooth action with pachmyer grips, no box. The gun is pristine bright blue. Gunsamerica has two, one for 799.00, no box, and one for 950.00 Whats it worth here in cali ?.I also have a colt agent with box,original colt medallion wood grips, shrouded ejector rod, parkerized, like new condition, this is really pristine. Maybe a package deal would work, please give me you opinions. must sell these due to failing health. thanks, stitch

·
Registered
491 Posts
Very sorry to hear of your situation. It sounds like you have a couple of very nice revolvers . You know without boxes collector value takes a hit. I think you should always shoot high when trying to sell, you can always come down in price, never up. I am not familar with sales in Ca, so I can not offer any advice there. I have seen some Colts for sale at the LGS and they are expensive. Todays market is crazy with Colt revolvers. I think, if you have the luxury of time to wait, you can get a high dollar. To answer your question requires an educated guess on past sales. $700 to $800 each, is very possible but $ 600 + is realistic. Just my opinion, good luck.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
prices are lower around here. i sold my 4th edition (?) detective special blue w/no box in excellent condition for $425 a year and a half ago.
just prior i bought a nickel 3rd edition (wooden colt stocks) for the same price from a dealer at a gun show.
in that short amount of time i have seen the prices go up by at least $100.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
DS in the 550 range due to gun only. Have not followed the Agent enough to offer an estimate. Suggest you look at GunBroker COMPLETED auctions for these revolvers that actually sold to give yourself a better understanding of the high and low ranges. GA asking prices really isn't much of an indicator, IMHO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you all for the info. I hope someone who really wants a couple of beautiful guns will buy them, they are really nice revolvers and now kinda rare. Pat

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This DS has no marks or scratches or wear, the spots and specks are DUST and shadows. Pat

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
stitch, I am so sorry to hear about your health, and I hope you get an immediate improvement.

You might consider posting your Colts here in the Want To Sell area, for a free ad.

Many of our members would like to own your guns.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the kind words, I need to sell them for the wife, but I hate to let my guns go, I kinda have no choice now. I had to sell my King Cobra, 6 inch bright stainless, was as new, a real beauty. It sold for 400.00 less than what I got if I was patient, I dont want that to happen with my snubbies. Thank again. Old Deputy (ret) Pat

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thank you for the kind words, I need to sell them for the wife, but I hate to let my guns go, I kinda have no choice now. I had to sell my King Cobra, 6 inch bright stainless, was as new, a real beauty. It sold for 400.00 less than what would have got if I was patient, I dont want that to happen with my snubbies. Thank again. Old Deputy (ret) Pat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts