Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this question has been addressed a hundred times before, but all of those times was before I came around. So please humor me.

I am looking for a DS, and I'm wondering if there is any kind of a price range these should fall into, or am I out in left field thinking its that simple?

I just need to know what to offer, and yes, I know you could be more accurate if I posted a picture, but at this point I haven't found one, but I hope to avoid a trip to the cleaners on the purchase.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Impossible question to answer without more information. Are you talking about a pre war or post war? Blue or nickel? What condition of gun are you looking to buy? As you have asked the question, the answer could be $200 or $3500.
Ok, this is all I know right now.....it is blue, purchased "a few years back" 50 rounds fired, he may have the box, 38 cal.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Now we're Cookin'!!!

That gun in Very Good condition without a box is worth $650ish With the Box $1000 range.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Impossible question to answer without more information. Are you talking about a pre war or post war? Blue or nickel? What condition of gun are you looking to buy? As you have asked the question, the answer could be $200 or $3500.
A wise man once said the definition of tactful was the ability to tell a man to go to hell, and make him feel glad to be on his way.
Thank you sir, I'll be getting on down the road a piece.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Now we're Cookin'!!!

That gun in Very Good condition without a box is worth $650ish With the Box $1000 range.

Good Luck!
No offense intended Marc, but 2 out of focus and distant pictures "do not a good representative evaluation make" . Yes, if the revolver is about 98%(ish) then probably even $700, gun only. But there simply isn't a clear picture of that pistol to offer anything but a $500 ballpark +/-, si? Never buy the statement "only 50 or so rounds down the pipe" story OR "it sat at my cousin's cousin's uncles drawer for 30 years. Buy the gun after looking carefully at all the markers of being shot, cleaned and of course cosmetics.

I have a '60 DS that I can claim is unshot outside of the factory, though I know better. So ballpark $450 gun alone $1100 with all the goodies....guesstimates based on little more than a postcard from grandma's pictures of her wart on a foggy day ;)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No offense intended Marc, but 2 out of focus and distant pictures "do not a good representative evaluation make" . Yes, if the revolver is about 98%(ish) then probably even $700, gun only. But there simply isn't a clear picture of that pistol to offer anything but a $500 ballpark +/-, si? Never buy the statement "only 50 or so rounds down the pipe" story OR "it sat at my cousin's cousin's uncles drawer for 30 years. Buy the gun after looking carefully at all the markers of being shot, cleaned and of course cosmetics.

I have a '60 DS that I can claim is unshot outside of the factory, though I know better. So ballpark $450 gun alone $1100 with all the goodies....guesstimates based on little more than a postcard from grandma's pictures of her wart on a foggy day ;)
Good points to consider. At this time all I could do was re-post the photos that were sent to me, since my original question could not be answered. Weather permitting, I hope to have a chance to hold it in my hand today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.