Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am (still)looking at several Detective Specials and wondered which would be the most collectable and what approx. value to put on them. (1) 1975 blued Detective Special LNIB with all paperwork,ect., 38 sp. (2) 1965 blued Detective Special 96-98 %, no shroud, and no box, 38 sp. (3) 1964 blued Detective Special 98%, no shroud, and no box, 32 Colt. Thanks for your help.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
If the boxed DS is legit and not that junk out of Sparta, that's probably your better "investment" but the earlier guns have and are slowly gaining momentum and certainly you won't lose money if you take proper care of them. I've a '76 Nickel no box that's about 98% that a fellow range member offered me $850 for. Was he nutz? Dunno but I keep my Colts. Have a '60 blued 98% no box that he offered me 900 for. His penchant for Detective Specials is like Lay's Potato Chips and he can't get enough of em. Sometimes the right buyer is all it takes to make money on any well preserved Colt. With RARE exception I shoot all my Colts.....something about 100% of that ONE and if I have others of the same model that have been shot just kinda keeps me from "deflowering" the few that are still virgins. For me, that's very unusual as I feel the firearm was meant to be used, not dusted and placed back with the fine china. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.