Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
Here it is guys. I told you I would have before and after pics.

She was rough on the outside when I picked her up. It's an ex-cops old carry piece. Lot's of holster and not much shoot time.
I gave her a good home and cleaned her up a bit.
She's now Parked and sportin' a new pair of shoes.
I'd say the story had a Happy ending.
What do you think ?

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)
By the way, if you're in AZ and want the guys number who parkerized it, just drop me an Email.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
As Billy Crystal(doing his Fernando Lamas impression!!)would say,"It looks Marveloous!" It looks,except for the decent grips,like the 2nd Model Colt Commando. Anyone remember that one from the 1980s?? The Commando was a the steel Detective Special,dull or parkerized finish,but the small grips with no checkering. A no frills gun,it was quality,but despite the lower price,just didnt sell,but neither did the liteweight Agent. Gunkwazy;your friend does quality work! See ya had no trouble getting it back together again. Enjoy! Bud

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good thing you reminded me Wolfy old boy.
One thing I did (and highly recomend) is that you take pictures of your gun in various modes of disassembly. I did, and it came in very handy as a guide. I needed a couple looks back at what went where and how it went.

Just another tip from your old uncle Jeff.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Lonewolf, yes it does! And I remember. Not to be picky but it was actually called a Commando Special. Here is a picture of mine. If it wasn’t for the horse on the sideplate you couldn’t hardly tell the difference between the two.

BTW, nice, real nice Uncle Jeff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts