Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dfariswheel:

1)I contacted Colt, about whether or not the Colt rubber(Finger groove)stocks, were installed on the production line, on Python's(In year 1990)? I also asked them, if they had a 1990 Colt catalog, in which to look up this information? Fortunately, they did have this catalog! They told me that on the blued Python's for 1990, that ONLY the rubber grips were put on the production guns(Unless wood grips were special ordered!)!

2)Would you by any chance, have a 1990 Colt catalog, that you might could look this up, to verify, if this is true, or if not? I ask this, because I trust you much more, than any Colt Customer Service Representative(Whom I can't be certain, is telling me the truth!)? Although, I did hear that this Representative, was thumbing through the pages of her Colt catalog(For at least three minutes!)! Thanks!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I know this post is addressed specifically to dfariswheel, and I'm not him. But I have a 1990 catalog and can look that up for you if you don't mind the answer coming from someone else.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,888 Posts
Good, because I don't have a 1990 catalog.

Here's what I do show:

1985. Blued with type 3 walnut, stainless with Pachmayr Presentation's with gold Colt medallions.

1991. All Pythons fitted with Pachmayr's with gold medallions. Short barrels with Gripper's, longer barrels with Presentation.

1995. Short barrels fitted with rubber Hogue Mono-grip with moulded on Colt logo, longer barrels with Pachmayr Presentation's with gold medallions

1997 The same as '95.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blokey & dfariswheel:

1)Thanks to the both of you! I now know that the 1990 Python(4-inch)revolver I'm in the process of buying, is at least, original with the Rubber Combat Stocks! Although, I would have preferred the Wood Target Stocks!

Blokey:

1)Would happen to have an extra 1990 Colt catalog that you might want to sell-or, at least sell me photo copies of the complete catalog?

[This message has been edited by Colt38 (edited 01-31-2005).]

·
Registered
794 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7131887263

This for several Colt catalogs including 1990. It was up for a week earlier with no bids at the opening price of $9.99.

In other words, since they are cheap enough, why settle for photocopies. But I don't know if they are in "perfect" shape if you know what I mean!

Blokey supplied you with the same info I would have. I just didn't have access to my catalogs at the time of my post.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I beat you to the draw WS23! No big deal, just want to help out.

WS23's right. Recent Colt catalogs are readily available on the gun auction websites too; I bought most of mine from GB and AA user "P0838" who has posted on this board as "Flusher". Search his auctions for Colt catalogs and you'll find a good selection, tell him Blokey sent you!!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Alittle off topic, I know. But I couldn't resist!

The tough 1990's catalog is the 93 without the insert. If you ever see one, BUY IT. I was told that Colt issued serial numbered catalogs to dealers only.... in very very limited supply that year. The common 93 catalog is the 1992 catalog with an insert.

I started out wanting photo copies of the catalogs for research purposes. What inspired me was a copy of a 1941 catalog that at the time was totally new to me from a guy that I worked with in 1989. I became interested in researching different models of Colt handguns (especially the 22's) and have since moved into the relm of only wanting the originals (that is at least one catalog from each year). It is a fun hobby. I have more than I would even care to admit... for example... I have something like 25 1956 catalogs (the first post-war real catalog). It is my favorite, although I have become partial to the Pre-1924 catalogs of late.

If you research much into Colts, don't pay too much attention to Shooter's Bibles. Gun Digest's seem to be more historically accurate. As I recall, Shooters Bibles listed the Diamondback for several years after Colt quit making them. Fun Stuff!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts