Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Diamondback 2.5\"

There is a 2.5" Diamondback in Blue on GunsAmerica if anyone is interested for 2500.00.By the Way it is a 22lr.Thanks JudgeColt.

[This message has been edited by bighornhunter (edited 05-26-2005).]

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Re: Diamondback 2.5\"

He'll never get a taker at that price. It's a fishing expedition.
I'd sell one of mine for less than half that.

------------------
Dick

The watchwords for all mankind are.....Liberty and Freedom.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

Interesting asking price on that 2.5" 22-Diamondback. I predict he gets it or something close. Boys... that is the future.

Added Note: Currently I believe this price a bit on the high side, but I could see the right collector buying one for $2K. But, that wouldn't be me. But, this is the future of some of the odd Diamondback variations if the interest stays up.

There is nothing uncommon about Pythons in general. Yes, the 3" Pythons are pretty uncommon. 4"-Diamondbacks are also pretty common.

[This message has been edited by 22-rimfire (edited 05-25-2005).]

[This message has been edited by 22-rimfire (edited 05-25-2005).]

·
Registered
794 Posts

Either the guy is out of his mind, made a simple typo (twice!), or there is something very special about his gun he has neglected to mention. I don't think we should be too quick to hammer him until we hear his story. Although I must admit it sounds real fishy (yes bad pun intended)!

I sent him a quick question via e-mail regarding the above. If he responds I will provide update on this thread.

If anyone wants to ask him in person, his contact info is:
Name: Jon's Gun Shop
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 3348637838

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts

The initial post did not mention that the DB in question is a .22, an essential fact in the value equation because the 2.5-inch .22 DB is a rare one. While, in my opinion, the price is over market now, the 2.5-inch DB .22 will be in that range in the not too distant future. Just look at what Vipers have done, and I think there are probably more of those than 2.5-inch .22 DBs.

I cannot say what it would take to buy my boxed DB 2.5-inch .22, but it would have to be in the range mentioned, since I have not seen one for sale for years. Of course, I really would not sell it even for that figure since I want the gun more than the money, but most are more rational than I in these matters.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts

Wow,
maybe I can get $1000 for one of my King Cobra's or $3000 for a Python.
Let's go fishin' Dick.... LOL

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts