Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Please don't missinterpret the intent of this thread - this gun is not for sale at this point)

My brother in law died and my sister has brought me a Colt 22 revolver that he had to see if I could find someone at my club that would be interested.

It is a 6" barrel blue Diamondback serial #794XX. It has an Elliason adjustable rear sight which seems as though it could have come from the factory.

The gun is in pristine condition. There is not a scratch or imperfection to be seen even under a magnifying glass. I took the grips (original with medallions) off and it's as clean as new. If this gun has been shot it was not very many rounds.

My question is that if I want to keep it myself, what is a fair amount to give her for it?

For that manner is it a good 22 to have compared to a newer gun?

TRW

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
tr

If you intend to keep it, the Blue Book says $550 for a 99% gun with a 20% add-on for 22LR, that would put it right at the $650 mark. Since it's your sister, to keep it in the family, she may be willing to accept a little less.

As for shootability, you will not find a smoother, sweater, more well balanced, 22 anywhere that is as good as the Diamondback with maybe the exception of the S&W M17 (there I think the Diamonback has the edge on balance). Certainly, IMHO, none of the newer ones can compare.
Also consider the investment value, cause Diamondbacks are headed one way....UP.
It's your choice.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT JOIN THE NRA
JUST IN CASE!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Tom,
Tell your sister what it is worth and ask her what she will sell it to YOU for.
f.t.

p.s. You're welcome.

[This message has been edited by fat tom (edited 01-14-2004).]

·
Registered
650 Posts
Just curious. If this revolver isn't for sale today, why did you post it for sale on the Smith & Wesson board yesterday?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fat Tom : I do thank you for your information it was helpfull.

Thiokol: Sorry to appear confusing. My wording was meant to show that the purpose of this thread was to get information to base a decision not to offer the gun for sale. I am a S&W owner at this point and know very little about Colt's.

I am torn because she has asked me to find a new owner and it sits there whispering "keep me" "keep me".
It doesn't help that there was a lot of positive information and interest but no one was ready to commit.

Tom

·
Registered
293 Posts
Tom,
Keep it. It is a joy to shoot as well as a solid investment. Down the road,the family connection will make it all the more appreciated.
f.t.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Have you established a price on it yet? The post on the other forum only suggest you wanting to sell. Your posted price will determine the interest in buyers better than hidden offers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts