Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have one Diamondback. It is chambered in .22 caliber. Following are some pictures of this Colt:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I can tell by the stocks that it's an early DB. What year is it? Do you have the box, manual, target, etc.?

Is this gun your shooter or safe queen? These early DB's in .22 cal (in shorter barrel lengths) are award winners of their era.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1)I'm not sure of the year of this diamondback? I don't have the serial number handy to determine this?

2)Unfortunately, I was unable to obtain the box and the target(etc.)in view of the fact that the elderly gentleman who was the original owner of this Diamondback .22, had passed away and his wife was also very old and feeble(Due to having Alzheimer's desease)and was incapable of knowing how to even look for these items! I was just lucky enough to be able to obtain this Diamondback!

3)No, I don't have any plans to ever shoot this Diamondback! It will just be a "Safe queen"!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Don't give up! Someone had to have 'liquidated the estate' or is living in the house where they did. Hopefully it wasn't all just "cleaned out and tossed".
I'd ask the 'heirs' or the administrator of the estate. Never can tell. The serial number would be able to determine the actual vintage and yes, there are "other" boxes out there. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WS23: Thank you for your compliment! Normally, I usually don't like to buy guns without their boxes(Etc.)however, this Diamondback was so nice, I couldn't pass it up! BTW, I realize now, that I had made a mistake in not buying that(unmarked)Colt box that you once had offered me for my Colt viper! I'm still in need of a box! Do you still have this box(Or, another one like it?)?

BBBS: No, I haven't yet taken the time to determine exactly when my Diamondback was made? I cleaned out my gun storage area and now my Diamonback is buried in there! I'll have to wait until I can dig it out of there to check it's serial number? Thank you also, for your compliment!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts