Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Diamondback .22\'s

I was searching through some of the older threads and came across one which mentioned that the Colt Diamondback in .22 caliber was only in production for one year and only around 2000 were made. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Re: Diamondback .22\'s

Not my area of knowledge on Colts,but it seems doubtful,as I've seen a few personally,and owned a 4" .22. Saw a 4" .22 at a show last weekend,that was going for $550. Not a mint gun & no box etc.,but seemed like a good price. Did the post mean the 2 1/2" model,or the nickle finish,as those are far from common? Bud

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I went back and read it more carefully. Sounds like it is referring to the nickel plated DB's. That makes more sense.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts

I believe that would be the 6" nickel .22 caliber version that was produced only in 1979. Aprox 2000-2300.

Hope that helps.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

Yep, the 6 inch nickeled .22lr was only made in 1979 with around 2000 units. When you find one you best wear your pants with deep pockets cause you are going to need them.

[This message has been edited by Majic (edited 09-05-2004).]

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

Here's a picture of one in the middle.

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 09-05-2004).]

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 09-05-2004).]

·
Registered
46 Posts

Diamondback, That is three BEAUTIFUL DB's. How long have you had the Nickel? Did you find it local? I have been looking for the right one for awhile. Some day....

·
Registered
794 Posts

Come on all you Diamondback fans, ask DB68 about his rear sight on the nickel gun. I am sure he will oblige you. Didn’t notice it? Look again, it’s plain as day.

Why not hazard a guess before he tells you!

Notice anything else about these 3 guns¬Ö¬Ö.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

wd357
As a matter of fact I did get it out of a local Tampa area gunshow back in 1999 from Show-Gun out of Pembrooke Pines. You will see Bob around at some of the local shows, and he caters to some deep pocket, doctor, Colt collectors over in his area. I paid $895 for the 6" 22LR nickel and recently he tried to buy it back for $1400 (had a buyer), but it's not for sale at least not right now, maybe someday.

Thanks for posting the questions WS23, and you're right about the sight and there is also a telltale sign about all three guns. Very observant of you. Anybody want to venture a guess?

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 09-07-2004).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts