Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

i located a hardchromed, 2.5 inch barrel, diamondback with a bobbed hammer at a local shop. the gun is fitted with pachmayr grips. the box and the original grips are not available. condition of the gun seems to be very good.

since the gun does not have the original finish and the hammer is bobbed, any recommendations on purchasing? price is $375.

thanks,

ed

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
If you are looking for just a nice snubbie shooter, I think the price is a little high as original Det. Spec.s and a lot of original Smiths can be had for less money.
The gun has zero collector value, so you are paying a premium, just to have the Diamondback logo on the barrel.
JMHO

------------------
Dick

The watchwords for all mankind are.....Liberty and Freedom.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Seeeing your location we would need to know the DB market out there first. What Dick said is true for most of us, but we have a larger market to work within.
What's the going price for DBs when you see them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies.

i haven't seen too many colt snubbies around. the last one i saw was an agent with the factory shroud for 499. it's still for sale. it's for sale at a shooting range along with a ds that has a gold color cylinder. i think they wanted 800 for that one. as you know, prices are high for guns in this state.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts