Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Price Check-- What's a Diamondback, 4 inch, Colt blue finish, .22 caliber, all original with correct grips, condition 95% or better, no box or manual, worth in your area ?
Many thanks--
Rick rfo1

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
A long long distance from you in Florida, I have seen them for as little as $550 ( with Goodyears) to as high as $700 for ones in your described condition.
HTH

·
Registered
778 Posts
$650.00 to me is right on. I don't believe they made quite as many 4" 22's as 6 inchers. Nice gun to have.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they made less 6 inch .22 Diamondbacks due to them being only in production in the later years.
I know the snubbie is real tough to find, but I thought the 4 incher was the most common.
Maybe I've got that confused with a different gun ?

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Perhaps the thinking is that .22 is used for target and the 6" may be most appropriate with the shorter barrels being progressively less appropriate and therefore more scarce. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I believe that the truth about 4 and 6-inch Diamondback production is a big grey area or knowledge void. The 4-inch was made over a longer period of time, and yes production stopped for a while when the 6-inch 22 was introduced. It only makes sense that the 4-inch is more common. It is certainly the most common of the 38spl versions. Both 4 and 6-inch 22 Diamondbacks are pretty common production handguns, but they sure are pretty.

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Forum friends--thanks for the feedback.The fellow wants $400.00 CDN for it--I offered $350.00 which he turned down.Four inch guns are a tough sell in Canada due to our restrictive gun laws.It sounds like these bring way more $$ south of the border.I'm going to let it ride for a few days and see what happens.
rfo1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts