Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is 98% gun with fat grips.........any stumbling blocks to look for.?????

Owner waiting for offer.????

PJH

·
Registered
10,820 Posts
Is it a .38 or .22LR? That makes a difference in value. I'm not really up on Diamondback values but I do think a .22 is considered to be worth more in equal condition.

As far as what to look for, does the cylinder have a drag line...it shouldn't if handled properly but it also wouldn't be uncommon. Making sure it's unloaded (I know...preaching to the choir but safety first) close the cylinder, cock the hammer and with the trigger held back, slowly lower the hammer. There should be no movement at all of the cylinder...not back and forth and side-to-side. If the cylinder doesn't move and is tight, the action is good to go.

After all that...it's up to your negotiating skills.

Reactions: KMKCOLT

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Owner waiting for offer.
If the gun is "for sale" it seems to me that the seller should put a price on it. Suppose you went into a 7-11, asked for a cup of coffee and the clerk asked how much you will pay? With no good images it's difficult to put a value on the DB. With a starting price we may be able to advise you.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Auction item.........no set price, no minimum......cal not listed......never occurred to me to be .22, of little interest if so.

PJH

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Attended auction today............blued gun was flawless as most of the offerings were, many were NIB & 30plus years old. Drs. gun collection from estate. Diamondback was 6", .38 spl....were these ever .357.???

Went for $1500.

Auctioneer said would be a .22 version in Jan. event........not really my style.

PJH

·
Registered
10,820 Posts
Yes they were 357 DBs.

That's been discussed before...it's generally accepted that any Diamondback with a .357 marking is a fake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts