Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that there were some lack of accuracy issues regarding the Colt DB in .22. I haven't varified this yet and wonder if any of you have heard of this being a problem.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,888 Posts
This is a new one for me.

Never heard, seen, or experienced any issues in accuracy with the Diamondback .22.

Every properly adjusted Diamondback I've ever seen was superbly accurate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can reply to this one, but unfortunately, not with the specifics that this group usually engages (serial number, date of manufacture, ehnancements, etc.) Back in the early 80's I bought my first Python,6", Blue, which I still have. At the time I thought I really wanted a 6" Diamondback in .22, because it "matched" my Python in looks. I bought one, and it shot like 4" groups at 25 yds with every kind of ammo. I shot .6 inch groups with my Smith M41, and .8" groups with my
Smith M17, just to show it was not all the shooter at fault. Sent the gun back to Colt , they re-faced the barrel and re-did the forcing cone. Better groups at like 3.5 inches. Sent it back to Colt again, where they re-did crown and "aligned cylinder". Then it shot amazing, 3.25 inch groups. Took it to a local gunsmith who screwed with it for a few weeks, still could not get decent groups out of it. Finally said screw it, traded for something else. I went without a DB for like 15 years, bougtht 4" a year ago that is the target grade gun you expect. Shot several 1.25 inch, 25 yard groups with plain old MiniMag solids with it about an hour ago in my back yard. It is my FAVORITE .22 of maybe, well, let's say many, that I own. Bottom line--there are lemons and there jewels--lets hope you get lucky.

LB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts